WHAT IS A STANDARDS-BASED REPORT CARD?
The purpose of a standards-based report card is to communicate student achievement relative to NYS and District standards.The standards-based report card:
provides descriptive and specific feedback,
rates each standard separately without an averaged grade,
uses the same rating scale for behavior and academics,
includes a comment section where teachers share anecdotal information.
For information about the New York State Standards, please visit engageny.org
- Does a standards-based report card use grades?
- Are the performance indicators the same as letter grades?
- Will the assessment of each standard be based on a test?
- Are all of the New York State and District established standards represented on the report card?
- Can a student's performance be rated as meeting expectations during one trimester and approaching expectations in the following trimester?
- What are the performance indicators
- What does the asterisk (*) mean
- Where can I learn more about standards and standards-based report cards?